Vision Technologies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Planning/Network Design Engineer
at Vision Technologies, Inc.
Position: Planning Engineer
Primary Objective: The Planning Engineer is to be a co-designer with the planning manager and to work on the design aspects of the drawings with the Architects, Engineers, PMs, before contracts are bid on by contractors. The Engineer should be current on Infrastructure best practices, standards, and code compliance . Ability to participate in high level discussions regarding network design and building is essential.
Conditions of employment:
- Ability to be insured by a liability insurance carrier
- Valid Nevada Driver's License
- Use of an automobile
- Performs Proof of Performance (PoP) testing of networks to ensure standards are upheld
- Participates/ represents in technical meetings with customer and telecommunications functional staff
- Performs contractor coordination activities
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies, skills and procedures
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness in finding solutions to problems independently of others
- Plans network equipment installations by reviewing service requests, plans, manuals and technical guides
- Orders and gathers requirements, supplies and tools needed to complete new builds and other projects
- Review of contractor product submittals and drawings for projects
- Installs routers, switches, cable management, wireless access points, backup power supplies and other network devices.
- Voice and data as well as WAN/LAN network architectures
- Project Management and experience in leading telecommunication activities/ projects
- Telecommunications room design to include but not limited to rack/tray layout, power and HVAC calculations along with the principles of grounding and bonding an area
- BICSI standards and current industry accepted practices
- Low voltage structured wiring
- Cabling and electrical drawings
- Various phases of the construction process
- Performance of contractor inspections
- Foundry/ Brocade appliances, routers, and switches
- APC environmental and uninterruptible power supplies
- Cisco routers, switches, and wireless access points
- Extreme Networks switches
- MiLAN switches
- Brocade, Cisco, Meru & Motorola Wireless solutions
- Network testing tools
- Principles, methods, and procedures applied in the operation of computers, peripheral equipment, application software, and networks
- Computer hardware, networking, operating system software and its applications
- Proper office methods, practices, and procedures
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ensure user needs are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Effectively operate computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- Perform general repairs on computer and related hardware and software
- Install, configure, and network computer equipment
- Lift computer equipment using safety procedures and equipment up to 50 pounds
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
- Reach locations above the head
High school diploma or equivalent required. Four-year degree, vocational education, or military service preferred
Five to ten years of related experience in the design, maintenance, installation, configuration, upgrades of hardware, software and local area networks and other telecommunications equipment. Must possess a strong background with networking, telecom infrastructure, routing and subnet architectures.
Industry standard certifications such as BICSI RCDD or manufacturer based certifications are preferred.