Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3rd shift Industrial Maintenance Technician
Background & Purpose of the Job
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a winning team? Unilever is recruiting for a Industrial Maintenance Technician to join our ice cream factory located in Henderson, Nevada.
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. Unilever is the world’s No.1 Ice Cream manufacturer offering a high class brand selection to all customer groups as well as to all occasions. We produce iconic brands such as Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Popsicle, Breyers, Klondike, and Good Humor.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Technician is a Preventative Maintenance and Focused Improvement specialist engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, the Technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. The Technician will also be involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective areas. The Technician is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in at least three of the principal engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical or instrumentation & control, and other skills. The Technician must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver actively engaged in maintaining a safe work environment, which protects product quality and reduces waste and other environmental impact. A positive contributor to the factory’s work environment and culture and will act as a leading coach and mentor to production around the areas of mechanical engineering and World Class Manufacturing techniques.
* You’re a dot connector: Not only do you understand your role, but you have the ability to connect how your daily actions contribute to the larger success of the factory as a whole.
* You love to win, and have fun doing it: Never accepting defeat, you’re up for challenges and problem solving on a daily basis.
* You’re a teacher: Teamwork is key, and we all have great experience and skills that we can share with others. You are a team player who understands the importance of teaching others and helping them succeed.
* You’re a changemaker: Always believing we can improve, you are constantly seeking ways to improve upon existing operations.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong coaching skills (able to give & receive constructive, peer-to-peer feedback)
* Ability to manage 3rd party contractors.
* Strong networking skills (communicate with sister sites on best practices).