Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trex Company
Trex Company, the world’s number one decking and railing brand, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products, is seeking a Shift Supervisor to oversee activities of the manufacturing shift leadership and plant personnel.
Help us deliver what’s next in outdoor living by seeking continuous improvement in quality and productivity with the optimal utilization of human and physical assets.
As our next Shift Supervisor, you are a skilled leader who will be responsible for coordinating and directing personnel to support manufacturing operations at the production site. The plant portion of the supply chain has the responsibility of providing Trex’s diverse business units with the products they require in a timely fashion, at consistent, specified, levels of quality and at a total cost capable of providing competitive leverage. As the Shift Supervisor you communicate clearly, and are comfortable solving problems and making good decisions in a timely fashion. You have a knack for figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, know how to organize people and activities, and understand how to create an efficient work flow.
Talented employees are just one of Trex Company’s trademarks. This is your chance to work for a company consistently awarded recognition for market leadership and innovation. Trex outdoor living products offer significant design flexibility with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. Trex decking products contain 95 percent recycled content and we are one of the largest plastic scrap recyclers in the U.S. Our organization kept more than 600 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills last year alone.
Besides working for the company known for its recycling heritage and as a creator of amazing outdoor living spaces, Trex employees enjoy an industry-leading compensation and benefits package, including wellness, medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage; bonuses and incentive programs, and more: trex.com/careers.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains safety programs designed to assure safe working conditions and eliminate lost time due to accidents. Keeps safety awareness high and assures that all employees are aware that safety is the company’s number one priority.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with legal requirements in all areas such as personnel administration, product liability, and environment protection.
- Monitors and adheres to production plans consistent with the budget and manufacturing standards set for each product. Continuously evaluate contingencies and variations that may require a revision of production plans and schedules.
- Monitors established cost-savings program in the manufacturing area to ensure compliance.
- Supervises the activities of manufacturing shift to ensure performance meets or exceeds the budgeted parameters in terms of volume, cost, material loss, cost of purchases, and distribution.
- Controls production costs consistent with the annual budgets, monitors crew direct labor hours.
- Establishes and uses production standards for each manufacturing operation for the purpose of maximizing production efficiency.
- Ensures products manufactured and distributed meet established specifications for dimension, length, material composition, strength and appearance.
- Ensures that measures put in place to manage site inventory levels and ensure accuracy of PKG and Reclaim are monitored and followed. Utilizes Kanban system to effectively manage raw material and packaged goods consumption.
- Participates in the hiring and training of a dedicated hourly work unit. Assesses and identifies training needs for process technicians to ensure an efficient production operation.
- Participates in the assessment of crew leadership capabilities working with the Production Manager and Human Resources to enhance skill set of leadership group.
- Actively manages seamless transition between production shifts (i.e. assess priorities, activities and staffing for all work cells including maintenance, as required).
- Bachelor's degree required; technical or engineering degree preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on, technically proficient orientation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a self-directed team manufacturing environment.
**This a a night shift position.