The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lied Bridge Units Case Manager
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Provide trauma-informed care to residents.
- Communicate with assigned case manager (Vocational, Veterans or Family Services) regarding client issues and needs.
- Make sure client files are orderly and up-to-date.
- Arrange Intake Assessment Panel meetings for potential new residents.
- Organize case conferences as needed with assigned Case Manager, Vocational/Residential Services Coordinator and Assistant Director of Social Services.
- Do unit inspections and provide inspection reports to case managers.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute resident rosters for staff.
- Coordinate life skills classes with internal and external resources.
- Help residents resolve issues related to the property and community living.
- Inspect unit for damages and cleanliness upon resident departure.
- Ensure that units are move-in ready.
- Provide drug testing upon suspicion or at random in conjunction with assigned case manager or other The Salvation Army staff.
- Plan resident activities as desired.
- Maintain key box and record of all keys distributed for the Lied Bridge Units.
- Monitor condition of the laundry facilities and clubhouse. Coordinate repairs with the Maintenance Coordinator and/or outside vendor.
- Ensure that the departmental policy and procedures manual along with the Lied Bridge Units guidebook are up-to-date.
- Enforce The Salvation Army property and Lied Bridge Unit program rules.
- Enter data into BRIDGES, HMIS/CMIS and compile monthly statistics for internal reporting.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Sociology or related field, plus 1 years’ experience performing case management in a residential program.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Experience working with clients in crisis. Possess the ability to resolve immediate crisis situations.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative. Must be able to maintain client/program/agency confidentiality and treat everyone with dignity and respect. Ability to work alone and as a part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion.
- Knowledge of community resources, particularly permanent housing options.
- Ability to keep accurate and concise documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current Microsoft software computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, as well as Outlook.
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check.
- CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to obtain it.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.