The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assisting clients with the housing search process, including helping clients identify suitable housing options, accompanying clients to view units, advocating for clients with landlords, and assisting clients with paperwork.
- Providing tenancy support (including tenant education, home visits, etc.)
- Serving as a housing resource for case managers in the Veteran Services Department.
- Researching private market landlord availability and supportive housing program options.
- Developing relationships with area landlords to facilitate client placement.
- Provide lease negotiation services to landlords and participants.
- Provide direct case management services to homeless and at-risk veterans and their families.
- Screen veterans’ eligibility for the program and facilitate the intake process.
- Providing post-placement conflict resolution and mediation services for clients and landlords.
- Conduct home visits.
- Maintain client databases and referrals for services and generate reports.
- Complete accurate and timely data entry into the HMIS system.
- Maintain participant confidentiality at all time.
- Attend all scheduled team meetings and trainings.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Public or Business Administration or related discipline. Minimum two years of related employment experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Property management, real estate, or landlord relations experience preferred.
- Experience working with homeless and/or at-risk veterans and families preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff and community partners.
- Must have a valid Driver License, clean driving record and own registered and insured vehicle for client visits. Mileage reimbursement will be provided and company vehicle will be available for any transporting of clients.
- Veteran Status preferred.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.