The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housing Case Manager
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Location: The Salvation Army-Owens Campus
Status: FT Non-exempt
The Housing Case Manager is responsible for the coordination and comprehensive services delivered to veterans by The Salvation Army Veteran Services.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service related discipline. Minimum four years of related employment experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Experience working with homeless and/or at-risk veterans preferred.
- Experience in case management and/or individual counseling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff and community partners.
- Must have a valid Nevada Driver License, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Veteran Status Preferred.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.