The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corps Program Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assist the Corps Officers as needed with Corps Ministries and Programs including, but not limited to:
- Sunday School classes, Sunday Morning Worship services, Jr. Church, Bible studies, camps, Young adult’s Ministries and, Youth Ministries
- Assist with S.A.Y. Active Kids Club in
- Making meals
- Co-planning class times
- Co-planning events and activities
- Co-leading story times
- Assist with Corps Ministries and Corps Programs
- Assist the Corps Officer(s) with Christmas Programs, Angel Tree and Kettles
- Support in transportation by driving as needed
- Must be able to prepare and cook meals and snacks for Corps programs.
- Assist in fundraising for youth programs and Corps events
- Assist in Corps Ministries, including but not limited to, VBS, Camps, Stats, Kettles and other Corps programs
- Other duties as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Two years’ experience working with children in a Corps/Church setting and/or a 2 year college degree in Youth Ministries or Christian Education.
- Must be a Christian with a strong personal commitment to Christ, a person of high integrity, professed Christian beliefs and lifestyle and feel comfortable discussing Christianity with children and adults.
- Experience with Salvation Army Christmas programs preferred and a working knowledge of Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Must be capable of making independent judgments with the approval of, but independent of constant supervision from the Corps. Officer(s), including, but not limited to managing staff and volunteers, scheduling employee and volunteer hours, etc.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to compose and type letters, e-mails, and other communications as needed
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as FAX machine, copy machine, printers, laminating machine, etc.
- Must be able and willing to take direction, both oral and written, and follow through with minimal supervision. Must be a “self-starter”.
- Must be well organized, and able to maintain files and materials
- A demonstrated ability to relate to and work with young persons from diverse backgrounds, and the ability to communicate effectively with parents, volunteers, and other professionals such as school Principals, school teachers, etc.
- Must possess a valid Nevada Drivers’ license and be able to meet all requirements to drive a Salvation Army Vehicle.
- Exhibit a sincere concern for youth of all ages to be nurtured and guided in The Salvation Army oriented Christian standards and lifestyle.
- Must receive training and certification for The Salvation Army Protect the Mission and Child Safety policies, and ensure compliance in all programs and facilities.
- Required to pass a back ground check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.