The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Develop and maintain positive relations with homeless consumers, clients, staff and local authorities.
- Maintain a written journal (log); documenting routine inspections and times, activities, property conditions and infractions of policy.
- Respond to calls for assistance.
- Report any unsafe, unsanitary or unusual situations in writing.
- Become knowledgeable of proper radio procedures, and respond accordingly.
- Maintain a current log of persons trespassed from the property and enforce trespassing policy
- Deter criminal mischief by maintaining a visible presence
- Manage traffic flow.
- Patrol property, including Owens Avenue ramps, parking areas and driveways to ensure transient homeless and clients are not in restricted areas or sites prohibited by program policies.
- Record and file accident and injury reports with program administrators.
- Develop and maintain files related to programs, properties, and general matters, according to Salvation Army guidelines.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take messages and/or direct to appropriate staff members.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in organization detail for and participate in special activities and events, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Must be physically fit to walk 5-acre campus on a 12% grade.
- Graduate of a certified Security Training Program, or one year of training and experience in the security field.
- Prior training in crowd management and/or conflict mediation/resolution
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current Microsoft software computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, as well as e-mail, Adobe Acrobat and the internet
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent detail, organization and file management skills
- Ability to work in a team setting with other professionals
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.