Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phlebotomist (New Center)
at Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Phlebotomist (New Center)
Want to be a part of something exciting? Help Octapharma Plasma open our next Donor Center!
At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we want to talk with you!
As a Phlebotomist, your main duty will be to perform venipunctures for the plasmapheresis process, but you will also be responsible for maintaining compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) and all applicable regulatory guidelines.
Your specific duties as a Phlebotomist will include:
· Reviewing donor records for accuracy and completeness
· Labeling and ensuring that each unit and all samples are labeled accurately
· Setting up and preparing all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedure
· Operating the automated plasmapheresis machines, including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
· Monitoring donors for reactions as well as monitoring equipment operations to ensure donor safety and quality of product
· Ensuring donor confidentiality, meeting customer service expectations, greeting and acknowledging donors as they are assigned to the donation area and after completing donation process
· Overseeing and ensuring proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and your work area between donors
As a Phlebotomist, you must be reliable and motivated with the ability to understand and follow protocol. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong customer service abilities.
Specific qualifications for the Phlebotomist position include:
· High school diploma or GED
· Phlebotomy certificate or license (as required by state)
· Ability to perform venipunctures
· Ability to make accurate and complete documentation
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
· Basic computer profiency
· Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts on a frequent basis
As a Phlebotomist at Octapharma Plasma, your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits, including the following:
· Medical insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement