Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospitality Management Trainer
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Promotes consistency of established services, programs, policies and procedures and the development of member property owners, management and staff by conducting operational workshops and refresher training classes. Develops and continuously improves management training programs, training courses and workshops.
Essential Job Results
Contributes to member value by facilitating regional field training and headquarters operations training workshops for member property owners, general managers, department managers, line-level and headquarters staff. Conducts a wide variety of assigned technical and soft skills training covering guest service, safety and security, sales and marketing, preventative maintenance, housekeeping, revenue management, human resources, leadership-commerce, industry trends, and best practices. Provides personalized interaction and professional services to members by designing, planning, preparing and executing training programs in response to member special requests. Ensures consistency across operations by providing guidance in the operational implementation of mandatory and voluntary programs and services. Participates in the training function’s viability by assisting in the development and continuous improvement of new training courses.
* Minimum 5 to 8 years related hospitality industry experience, including 2 years in a property-level supervisory or management position.
* Experience must include 3 years teaching or professional training experience, including current knowledge of adult learning concepts and training techniques.
* General Manager experience preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in hotel administration, education, business or related field or equivalent travel or hospitality related experience.
* Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite. May require intermediate proficiency in one or more specific applications.
* Demonstrated strong stand up presentation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to design curriculum in the hospitality industry environment Current Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA), Certified Hotel Trainer (CHT), or Accredited Certified Instructor (ACI) certification and/or ability to successfully complete upon hire.
* May travel up to 60% of work time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.