Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lounge Service Captain - Commissary
at Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
The Service Captain position ensures Guests' initial impressions with The Esports Gaming Lounge are positive and welcoming. The Captain's position requires a strong communicator who will guide our Guests through their entire experience. Our Captains also act as an initial point of contact in the enforcement of house policies and maintaining the safety and security of the unit. He / She should
maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Manage all guest requests, complaints and queries and ensure that all aspects are communicated to the respective departments.
- Delivers an unparalleled Guest experience through the best combination of preparation or delivery of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Acts as an initial point of contact in matters concerning safety and security in all areas: front door, Viewpoints, Midway, bar areas, kitchen and back of house areas, dining areas, private event rooms and restrooms.
- Acts as ambassador to the building, assisting Guests with all requests and answers questions as needed.
- Greets Guests with a positive attitude and enthusiasm while performing multiple job functions. Smiles and greets Guests upon entering.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Provides timely and accurate service while managing wait times and communicating information as needed to Guests, Team Members and Managers.
- Competently diffuses difficult Guest situations while protecting the integrity and safety of our staff, building and house policies.
- Assists in the cleanliness and organization of the rental equipment. Ensures all billiard supplies are stocked, properly cleaned and maintained to maximize costs and decrease loss.
- Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Brings all areas up to standard.
- Assists with the set up and break down of special events functions as directed by management.
- Provides game assistance by promptly notifying Support Technicians or Management as needed.
- Ensures that our Guests adhere to house policies as outlined and informs management of any issues.
- Bids farewell to Guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites Guests to return.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or as business dictates.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company Team Members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum Team Member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and communicate in English.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's or related degree preferred
Experience working in a fast paced environment
2-5 years' experience.
Minimum age requirement is 21
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to manage employees, training and coaching skills with evidence of developing exceptionally motivated teams
Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English and articulate
Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required.
Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
Work in environments with both hot and cold temperatures such as freezers and around cooking equipment.
Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
Read and write handwritten notes.
Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
Walk or stand 90% of shift.
Ability to solve routine problems.
Reach, bend, stoop, mop, sweep and wipe frequently.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Health Card
- Alcohol Awareness Card
- Non-Gaming Card
- Gaming Card
Working Conditions/Essential Functions
Fifth Street Gaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Fifth Street Gaming will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current team members to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.