Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
It is the responsibility of the Food & Beverage Manager to manage high volume restaurant in efficient and professional manner to ensure quality service to guests. Monitor operation profitability while ensuring all employees maintain excellent customer service standards. Interact with other Food and Beverage Managers, and other Department Heads to help outlet operations proceed smoothly. Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions
- Continually monitor all daily sales, ordering/par levels, costs for outlet. Also constantly monitor outlet performance and seek to exceed budgeted goals/improve Triple George Grill / Sidebar operations by focusing on the following areas:
- maximizing revenue
- creating, implementing and modifying marketing plan(s) for outlet, with approval of Food and Beverage Management
- reducing labor expense(s) based on business levels
- Consistently demonstrate and ensure all employees maintain quality standards and follow established service rules/procedures, including all Triple George Grill Health & Safety standards, as well as other rules/procedures designated by management.
- Monitor comp checks and make sure all comp procedures are followed and limits are utilized. Maintain accurate paperwork regarding comps, inventory/par levels, scheduling, payroll, employee records.
- Requisition/review daily supplies/inventory to maintain approved par levels.
- Responsible for counseling and disciplining all employees, including supervisory staff, if necessary. Enforce Departmental Rules, Union Contracts. Make sure consistency of rule enforcement is maintained by all supervisors.
- Encourage/motivate employees regarding morale, employee development, employee ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be accessible and available to department employees, also help employees prepare for future advancement opportunities by monitoring all Triple George Grill employee training.
- Maintain current knowledge POS system operations.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills, both in dealing with guests, as well as employees. Handle customer complaints on a one-to-one basis. Remain available and on call 24 hours.
- Communicate with Executive Chef regarding any problems relating to Food or Kitchen. Also communicate with maintenance/engineering to ensure quality physical appearance of outlet.
- Complete other/special projects for Food and Beverage management, including assimilating and forwarding necessary information and employee licenses to F&B Office and/or Human Resources.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates, and supervises staff in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives; prepares employee schedules to ensure proper staffing for service and control of labor.
- Monitors budget and fiscal operations to maintain profitability
- Works in conjunction with Human Resources to ensure consistency throughout all departments.
- Creates a positive work environment for all team members
- Ensures Clark County Health Codes are being followed.
- Reviews payroll to ensure employees are paid correctly, overtime is kept at a minimum and the restaurant is operating efficiently.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Assistant General manager, Assistant Managers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or related degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- 5 years' experience.
- Minimum age requirement is 21
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to manage employees, training and coaching skills with evidence of developing exceptionally motivated teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English and articulate
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required.
- Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Health Card
- Alcohol Awareness Card
- Non-Gaming Card
- Gaming Card
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
Working Conditions/Essential Functions
- This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds.
- Must be able to stand for long period of time.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all times, with various departments and all levels of management.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Must be able to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team.