Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job TitleFinancial Analyst
Support the day-to-day financial activities of the Operations Finance department as related to financial reporting, budgeting, inventory and month-end close duties, monthly plant expense analysis, and forecasting activities for all Ingredients Solutions plants. Partner with plant operations to understand financial impacts of KPI's and to ensure accurate, timely, and meaningful plant operations' reporting and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze reports for the business units and ensure that all business unit financial reporting is accurate according to currently accepted financial practices
- Standardized reporting across manufacturing
- Centralize KPI reporting across all the manufacturing network providing insights on key drivers
- Review and consolidate plant fixed and variable costs, KPI reports, and productivity initiatives
- Assist with financial analysis
- Assist with plant capacity activities
- Distribute monthly operations reports
- Participate in monthly operations call
- Analyze plant data to be used in financial analysis
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Perform plant month-end close duties as required
- Analyze plant balance sheet accounts
- Provide support with plant budget and forecast activities
- Perform plant cost accounting analysis
- Function as back-up for plant Operations Finance roles as needed
- Participate in and assist with special projects as directed
- Participate on cross-functional teams and collaborate with other departments to complete financial activities, as needed, and improve processes and efficiencies
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar discipline
- 1+ year of costing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 2 to 5 years of financial and/or accounting experience, preferably in a food manufacturing organization
- 2+ years of SAP experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate the technical and professional competence required to perform responsibilities and accomplish objectives
- Able to provide timely, high quality and comprehensive information
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Able to collaborate effectively and foster good teamwork
- Able to organize time, energy, and resources effectively to achieve goals (i.e., organizational skills)
- Able to multi-task
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Able to be pro-active in seeking solutions
- Able to accept responsibility for actions and decisions, both success and failure
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to read, write and speak English