Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator, Tap / Lock 2Nd Shift (3:30PM-12:00AM)
at Click Bond
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains and operates various Tapping machines, Nut Crimping/locking machines, Inspection equipment and instruments and parts cleaning equipment to produce machined parts with tight tolerances. Will pull prints/drawings, perform computer transactions and data collection. Follow standard procedures outlined in the Work Instructions to ensure efficient work flow and product is of the highest-quality and work environment is as safe as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews Drawings and Work Orders.
• Perform dimensional inspection of Key Characteristics.
• Verifies that correct Gauges and Tools are available for the Work Order.
• Operates machines, making necessary adjustments to produce quality parts.
• Completes Work Order requirements and Verifies Count Operations.
• Notifies lead or Supervisor of any machine or process challenges.
• Accurately and clearly completes all required documentation.
• Maintains work area and machine in a clean and orderly condition.
• Follows safe work practices and safety requirements.
• Understands, advocates and follows Lean Work Practices.
• Displays a willingness to follow direction and be flexible when assigned jobs on various machines.
• Cooperative with Supervisor, Lead and co-workers.
• Will work alone and in a team environment with changing assignments.
• Other duties
• Frequent lifting and moving of up to 25 lbs. Occasionally lifting of 50 lbs. with assistance.
• Use of fingers, hands and arms continuously throughout shift. Standing or sitting through shift.
• Bending and reaching during shift are required.
• Ability to stand all day for long periods of time.
• Must be able to visually watch job progress throughout process.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• The use of Safety Glasses is required.
• Neoprene gloves are highly recommended while using coolants, solvents or lubricants.
• Other equipment as needed by specific machines.
• Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
• Exposed to coolant/lubricants, solvents and cleaning solutions.
• May work at different machines as production needs require, or shift from one station to another as required by work load.
CLICK BOND WAY – KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
• Models a positive attitude.
• Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
• Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
• Executes tasks well and delivers the best work possible.
• Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.
Skill / Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of high school education or General Education Diploma (GED) and 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with machine operation experience.
• Certifications in manufacturing such as; Certified Production Technician (CPT), Manufacturing Technician (MT1), etc. a plus.
• National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) preferred.
• Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Must be familiar with Manufacturing Drawings.
• Must have basic Math skills.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Using established methods and procedures, operators must be able to perform the duties while maintaining In Process Inspection and data collection using calipers, micrometers and other inspection devices as required.
• Will be required to use hand tools for adjustments and operation of various machines.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
• Must be able to perform repetitive motions.
• Must have the ability to monitor quality while performing repetitive tasks.
• Must maintain open communication with management of job status, work load, challenges and progress of Work Orders.
• General Safety, SDS and FOD requirements.
• Quality System Awareness.
• Comprehension of general production processes as required.