City of Henderson Nevada
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Leader-Youth Enrichment - Part-Time/Seasonal
at City of Henderson Nevada
Pay: $11.51 to $11.64/hour
$11.51 - $11.64
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2302079
Overall Job Objective
- THE JOB
- This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Site Leader - Youth Enrichment vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under general supervision, primarily serves as direct on-site supervisor of part-time employees and program participants at a satellite youth enrichment program. Involves supporting special facilities and other youth recreational programs; assists guests and patrons, enforces rules, provides customer services, assures programs are delivered in a safe and secure manner; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Site Leader - Youth Enrichment positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience working in recreation programs.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Must have the ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications, licenses and registrations.
- Desirable: Two (2) years as a group leader in a recreation day camp style program and/or any other youth enrichment related education, training, and work experience.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
Documents Required at the Time of Application:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
- SELECTION PROCESS
- NOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.