Carson Tahoe Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing Collections Specialist
at Carson Tahoe Health
Carson City , NV
Work Hours: 8-4:30pm
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 19 regional locations. Voted 5th most beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus, nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
Displays behavior that promotes accountability for performance of job tasks which will meet or exceed customer expectations. Responsible for the accurate and timely follow up of patient accounts within their respective payer group. Identifies problem delinquencies and recommends solutions and disposition. Maintains a working knowledge of business operating systems including QMS and Receivables Workstation. Complies with State & Federal regulations with regard to collections. Reviews reimbursement for accuracy per department policy. Accumulates data relating to patient accounting billing processes in an effort to identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations.
- A high school diploma is required.
- 2 years patient accounting billing and collection experience; acute care billing preferred.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a typewriter, adding machine, and copy machine.
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills, as well as conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
- Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
- Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, kayaking, hunting and fishing
- Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
- We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping and home to the University of Nevada Reno.
- Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
- No State Income Tax
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth, Paid Time Off
- 100% Vested 401K & Roth with Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- On Site Education & Certification Programs