Job: Facilities Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Facilities Manager oversees the planning, coordination, implementation, execution and management of maintenance, repair, and construction of all aspects of the Las Vegas and Boulder City campuses infrastructure and systems. This includes HVAC & building control systems; utility & laboratory systems; skilled crafts; custodial; grounds; motor pool; telephone and voicemail systems; and fiber & copper cable for the data network & communication systems. The 11 acre DRI Las Vegas campus has 4 buildings totaling 117,500 gsf. The position supervises 7 employees of different trades and duties and is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the requirements of a federal government lease agreement for the housing of the National Atomic Testing Museum and Department of Energy tenants.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
• At least 6 years of increasingly responsible building and facilities management experience, including at least 4 years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
• Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations as they relate to physical facilities, vehicles, equipment and related structures; ability to produce, read, and interpret plans, schematics, and specifications; and knowledge of materials, techniques and procedures used in the fields of carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of maintenance management programs.
• Experience with principles and practices of complex maintenance and security equipment, and purchasing of related materials or supplies.
• Experience with the principles and methods of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
• In-depth knowledge of construction methods and materials, and of safety protocol and procedures.
• Hands-on knowledge of network and phone wiring, terminating and cable management.
• Knowledge of landscape irrigation systems and techniques.
Finalist will be required to submit to a finger print background check.
If this sounds like the job for you, visit our website at http://www.jobs.dri.edu for a complete description, required qualifications, and how to apply online. DRI is an EEO/AA employer.